Friday, March 27, 2009

Cyber punk?

I am a cyber punk.  Not as in I dress in gas masks and pink dreads, but as in I am a punk rocker, a dead kennedys sex pistols misfits punk rocker, who's punk ideas, punk music, and punk clothing all were spawned from the cyber world.  The computer.  
Now I am DIY, so-to-speak.  I make as much of my clothing as possible, especially refraining from buying from mass produced super stores.  I have had instances where I get my "punk" from other sources.  Such as, a friend of mine got me interested in the clash, I stole her dad's sex pistols songs.   And I dyed my hair purple with the help off another friend.  But how would I have known who the clash was? who sex pistols were?  why do-it-yourself ethics are to-do?  
I am the worlds first all-digital "street punk".  If it wasn't for the computer, I would be a manga-girl like my group of friends, or perhaps an emo kid.  Because no body in my school even knows what a "punker" is.  So thank god for the internet.  Thank god for the digital age.  and thank whatever you believe in for those AMAZING WONDERFULLY BADASS street rats and outcasts far back as 30-45 years who ... 
okay I lost myself

No comments:

Post a Comment